Everyone has their own Valentine’s Day traditions, but it’s a safe bet to assume most involve a great dinner. You can go to a favorite restaurant, order your usual, and have a great time, but if you’re looking for something different to suit the occasion, several local restaurants are offering special Valentine’s Day menus.
Obviously, most of these specials are a bit pricier than you would get elsewhere, even at the same restaurant, but you’re paying for multiple courses specifically crafted for couples to enjoy an extraordinary dining experience. Below are the advertised menus.
[This list will be updated as more restaurants make their menus available. Last updated 2/12.]
Grady V’s | 900 Country Club Blvd, Thibodaux | (985) 446-8894
The menu lists the price at $55 but isn’t clear if that’s per couple or per person.
Grady V’s menu obviously attracted a lot of customers for Valentine’s Day as the restaurant reported it’s completely booked that evening. They are, however, still offering the Valentine’s menu to go.
- Merlot, Chardonnay, or Pinot Grigio
- Grady V’s Crab Cakes
- Char Grilled Oysters
- Fried Green Tomato Caprese
- Grady V’s Back 9
- Pear Salad
- 6 oz. petite filet with grilled coldwater lobster tail.
- Rack of lamb with herb demi glaze.
- Parmesan crusted chicken breast.
- Pecan crusted redfish with lump crabmeat.
- Oven roasted herb potatoes.
- Sweet corn and crab orzo.
- Jumbo asparagus.
- Glazed carrots.
Shared Dessert (served with coffee, cappuccino, or espresso):
- Warm nut brownie with vanilla bean ice cream.
- Grady V’s bread pudding three ways
End with white chocolate covered Louisiana strawberries in the bar.
Big Al’s Seafood | 1377 W Tunnel Blvd, Houma | (985) 876-4030
Big Al’s is joining in on the Valentine’s Day eating with a couple of specials.
Pan seared red snapper with a pomegranate reduction sauce, Parmesan potatoes, and sauteed fresh zucchini, tomato, and summer squash.
Homemade fudge brownie with homemade whipped cream and fresh strawberry.
Coley’s Cafe | 863 Verret St, Houma | (985) 879-3511
Coley’s is offering a special a la cart menu for Valentine’s Day. They often serve Paleo-friendly food, though I’ve never followed the diet so I’m not sure how many of these dishes apply if any.
- Hot crab and artichoke dip: Lump crab meat blended in a three-cheese sauce with artichoke hearts folded in. Served with our house chips. $9
- Tomato bruschetta: Slow roasted cherry tomatoes placed on top a toasted crostini topped with a goat cheese spread. $7
- House salad: Tomatoes, red onions, cucumbers, and mushroom on a bed of mixed greens and your choice of dressing. $6
- Harvest salad: Tomatoes, red onions, dried cranberries, walnuts, and avocado sprinkled with bleu cheese on a bed of spinach. $6
- Roasted butternut squash soup with shrimp and tasso. Cup $5, bowl $7.
- Traditional chicken and sausage gumbo served over rice. Cup $5, bowl $7.
- Spaghetti Bolognese topped with Parmesan cheese. $15
- Slow-roasted rosemary chicken on a bed of corn pudding accompanied with a side of roasted tomatoes and mushrooms. $20
- Filet of tenderloin placed on a bed of creamed potatoes accompanied with a side of sauteed green beans. $29
- Seared duck breast drizzled with a pepper jelly glaze topped over cherry wild rice accompanied with a side of Brussels sprouts. $26
- Cheese cake. $7
- Chic de fomme bread pudding. $6
- Chocolate-covered strawberries. $6
Fremin’s | 402 W 3rd St, Thibodaux | (985) 449-0333
Fremin’s usually offers a couple of fabulous weekend specials, but they’re offering an even larger variety for Valentine’s Day and are making them available Thursday through Saturday, February 13-15, and even have a themed drink special.
Soup: Crab and Gruyere.
Appetizer: Poached Oysters. Gulf oysters, asparagus, and beet salad, cayenne lemon aioli, parsley oil.
- Cognac Veal: Seared veal, cognac rosemary demi glace, fingerling potato and baby vegetable saute.
- Pompano en Papillote: Gulf pompano baked in parchment paper, white wine butter sauce, fingerling potato and baby vegetable saute.
- Crawfish Filet: Angus filet, Louisiana crawfish cream, fingerling potato and baby vegetable saute.
Dessert: Chocolate Mousse. Chocolate mousse, raspberries, white chocolate shavings.
Drink Special: Sweetheart Martini. Vodka, peach schnapps, orange juice, and strawberry puree.
The Foundry | 715 W 1st St, Thibodaux | (985) 387-4070
F0ur courses (two are shared) and a bottle of house red or white wine, $59.95 per couple.
The Foundry is offering four courses where couples pick one appetizer, two salads, two entrees, and one dessert from the following list.
- Seafood-stuffed mushrooms.
- Bacon-wrapped shrimp.
- Oyster and bacon brochette.
- House salad.
- Caesar salad.
- Bacon-wrapped petite filet with roasted potatoes and asparagus.
- Cheese-stuffed ravioli topped with a mushroom and crab meat cream sauce.
- Cheese cake.
- Bread pudding.
Milano | 314 Belanger St, Houma | (985) 879-2426
The menu Milano is advertising appears to be a la cart rather than set courses. The post also stresses making reservations soon, as only a few seats remain available.
- Soup of the Day.
- Oysters/Shrimp Lafourche.
- Duck and bacon kabobs.
- Almond duckling strips.
- Crab and avocado.
- Tuna carpaccio.
- Polo Maria.
- Parmesan chicken/eggplant/veal.
- Crawfish ravioli.
- Cowboy porkchop.
- Stuffed fish.
- Bread pudding.
- Creme brulee.
- Chocolate covered Key lime pie.
- Chocolate five ways (“A special Valentine’s Day treat”).
Dansereau House | 506 St Philip St, Thibodaux | (985) 227-9937
Four courses, $90 per couple.
The Dansereau House isn’t a restaurant but a beautiful bed and breakfast in downtown Thibodaux. The staff opens up the house bar, The Drinkery, on Thursday nights and serves snacks for patrons to enjoy alongside live music on the veranda. They often host special dinners throughout the year, and Valentine’s Day is no exception.
This year, there are two seatings: 6:00 PM and 8:00 PM. Reservations are required.
- Warm bruschetta with melted mozzarella.
- Prosciutto-wrapped asparagus with truffle olive oil.
- Frizze and watercress with grapefruit, walnuts and a citronette dressing.
- New York strip steak with herb butter, roasted potatoes, and asparagus.
- Herb-roasted chicken breast with roasted potatoes and asparagus.
- Shrimp and penne pasta with sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, and feta tossed in a slightly spicy white wine butter sauce.
- Classic creme brulee topped with a mixed berry sauce.
DJ’s Grille | 21060 Louisiana 20, Vacherie | (225) 265-7600
Three courses and a bottle of wine, $50 per person plus tax and 18% gratuity.
DJ’s Grille is offering its Valentine’s dinner on both the Thursday and Friday and even offers its specials to go, including a bottle of wine, if you call and request in advance.
- A bottle of Merlot, Cabernet, chardonnay or white zinfandel.
- Sweet potato and andouille bisque.
Mains (all entrees served with rosemary garlic oven-roasted potatoes and chef’s vegetables):
- 8 oz. filet with cold water lobster tail.
- Spinach and artichoke-stuffed chicken breast.
- Fresh Gulf fish.
- Chocolate tuxedo cake with vanilla whipped cream.
Melvin’s Restaurant | 1023 Saadi St, Houma | (985) 868-1594
Four courses (complimentary coffee, tea, and water), $65 per person.
- Butternut squash and shrimp.
- Chicken and andouille gumbo.
- Tomato basil.
- Strawberry avocado with strawberry vinaigrette.
- Garden salad.
- Beef Wellington with lady peas.
- Crab cakes.
- Shrimp and grits.
- Fish du jour with an avocado salsa over Southwestern orzo.
- Chocolate mousse with strawberry mascarpone.
- White chocolate bread pudding.
- Bananas Foster.
Flanagan’s | 1111 Audubon Ave, Thibodaux | (985) 447-7771
Like its sister restaurant Fremin’s, Flanagan’s is offering Valentine’s Day dinner and drink specials throughout the weekend.
- Lobster Mac and Cheese: Lobster and macaroni tossed in a thyme and cheddar mornay, topped with panko bread crumbs and grated Parmesan. Broiled until bubbling hot.
- Remoulade Calamari: Calamari, roasted peppers and banana peppers all deep fried golden brown. Served with baby greens and a creole remoulade sauce.
- Parmesan Sea Bass: Parmesan cheese and panko-crusted filet of sea bass; accompanied by garlic smashed potatoes and grilled asparagus.
- Steak and Crab: Grilled 4 oz. medallion of filet mignon resting on top of a crab cake, then draped with jumbo lump crab meat with a parsley and garlic veloute; accompanied by garlic smashed potatoes and grilled asparagus.
Dessert: Strawberry Crepes. Fresh crepes with strawberry filling topped with chocolate shavings, vanilla whipped cream and spiced pecans.
- Strawberry Moscato: Sparkling moscato with freshly-sliced strawberries and just a hint of strawberry puree.
- Godiva White Chocolate Raspberry Martini: Godiva white chocolate liqueur, raspberry vodka, fresh raspberries, and a hint of cream.
- Champagne with Fresh Strawberries: Sparkling champagne with slices of fresh strawberry.
White Bowl | 235 Enterprise Drive, Houma | (985) 262-4093
One appetizer, two entrees, and one dessert for $25.
While they’re not offering any unique dishes that day, White Bowl is promoting a deal for Valentine’s: any one appetizer, two entrees, and a dessert. What’s interesting is that you could end up paying the same amount on a regular day at White Bowl since the prices for its Vietnamese food are so great, but this is definitely a great deal for a more casual Valentine’s Day dinner. I recommend the brisket pho and grilled pork bahn mi for the entrees. Both are delicious and easy to share with your date.